Living a “green” lifestyle to the best of my ability is not only about my family’s health, but just as importantly, a matter of stewardship to me.
For the past decade or so, our family has been committed to educating ourselves on how to be the best stewards of our family’s health and home, and God’s creation in general. We try to make the best choices we can when it comes to the food we eat, the products we use in our home, etc. Of course, sometimes we have to pick our battles, but we do our best to evaluate everything according to God’s design and make our decisions based on that. One of the things I’ve noticed over the years is that the more we learn about the amazing design of our bodies and the incredible natural resources God has provided, the more our appreciation and worship of our Creator grows!
In the book, she shares her own journey, offers tips, recipes, and background information, and offers encouragement for greener, healthier, more natural living in five areas:
- Personal Care Products
- Baby & Child Care
- Around the House
- In the Marketplace
There are simple, doable recipes and tips, advice on organization, information on real food, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, and recycling, to name just a few, resources for further information, and more. Best of all, she approaches it all from a stewardship perspective!
Reading Green Your Life has motivated me to be more intentional about making my own household cleaners again (something I’d let slide a bit recently), and given me several new ideas I’d like to implement! Plus, it has just plain encouraged me that we are on the right path, and that our choices in these areas are pleasing to God when we do them with a heart to honor him and respect the gift of his creation!
You can purchase a copy of Green Your Life here for $8.99.
PLUS, as a thank you for purchasing her book, and to give you extra support, encouragement, motivation, and community to help you make changes in your life, Emily is providing a FREE MEMBERSHIP to the Green Your Life Challenge she is running in February, a $14.99 value!
In just 4 weeks you will:
- Purge your bathroom cabinet of toxic and harmful personal care products.
- Choose beauty and personal care products for your family that are safe and effective.
- Make your own homemade green cleaners.
- Clean your home with non-toxic cleaners that really work and are safe to use around your family.
- Begin making simple and easy changes toward more real food and less processed, conventional foods
- Use more reuseable products and fewer disposable ones around your home.
- Work to eliminate and remove toxins all around your home.
- Determine how you and your family can make an impact on the world around you!
Membership to the Challenge will include exclusive access to:
- A Free workbook and printables to go along with the Green Your Life book.
- Weekly emails with your challenge tasks for the week.
- Videos to teach, encourage, inspire you to complete your tasks.
- Tips for preparing your home for the Challenge, and a shopping list for supplies.
- A private Facebook group where you can interact with Emily and other members of the challenge. You’ll be able to ask your specific questions and also learn from each other.
I’m really looking forward to taking the challenge and I’d love for you to join us too! Read more about the Green Your Life ebook and the Green Your Life Challenge here.
I’m glad to be participating in a Blog Hop to celebrate the release of Green Your Life: A Guide to Natural, Eco-Friendly Living with a great group of bloggers! Check out what they’re saying about this great new book:
Jan. 8 – Ninth Street Notions
Jan. 9 – Red and Honey
Jan. 10 – Running Family
Jan. 12 – Five Little Homesteaders
Jan. 13 – My Blessings Homeschool
Jan. 14 – Vintage Kids | Modern World
Jan. 15 – The Humbled Homemaker
Jan. 17 – Accidentally Green
Jan. 20 – Home With Purpose
Jan. 21 – Intentionally Simple
Jan. 22 – Feed Me Mama
Jan. 23 – Saving by Making
Jan. 24 – More Than Mundane
Jan. 27 – My Humble Kitchen
Jan. 28 – Sorta Crunchy
Jan. 29 – Simply Rebekah
Jan. 30 – A Delightful Home
Jan. 31 – Gidget Goes Home